*ENTRIES OPEN MARCH 1, 2024*
Entry Fee: $300.00/team
Entries Close: Wednesday, July 17 @ 5pm
Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Formation of Teams & Eligibility:
Teams are formed by combining two male amateurs, a father and his son, each from a NJSGA member club which is in good standing. Players are NOT required to be from the same club.
Entries open to teams who meet ALL of the following:
- Entrants must possess unquestionable Amateur Status.
- Team members must meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
- Both must hold a USGA Handicap Index of 30.0 or less as of the close of entries, at a NJSGA member club/course.
- Both must be listed on their respective club’s Handicap Roster.
- Both must maintain good standing and remain on the above Handicap Roster through the Championship proper.
- If entering from a public facility, or Club Without Real Estate, entrant must be a permanent resident of New Jersey. Proof of residency may be required.
18 holes, Stroke Play. Gross and Net Scoring. The Format is MODIFIED PINEHURST. Both partners tee off and then each plays a second shot with the other's ball. After the second shot, a choice is made regarding which ball to complete the hole with. Alternating shots will be continued until the hole is completed. On par three holes, the choice must be made after the tee shots. The ball which is not selected is removed from play. One score, per team, per hole, is counted.
60% of the lower course handicap is added to 40% of the higher course handicap to calculate the team's total.
Motorized transportation is required is this Championship.
Permitted; a team may bring its own caddie.
The Charles H. Smith Championship Trophy will be awarded to the Gross Champions. Prizes are awarded to the Gross and Net winners and runners-up for each of the three rotations.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM ANYTIME, IN ITS DISCRETION.