*ENTRIES OPEN MARCH 1, 2024*
Entry Fee: $100.00 – includes green fee(s)
Entries Close: Wednesday, July 3 @ 5pm
Late entries will NOT be accepted
Qualifying Dates & Sites:
Thursday, July 18 - Howell Park G.C., Howell
Tuesday, July 30 - Preakness Valley G.C., Totowa
Thursday, August 1 - Rutgers G.C., Piscataway
Entries open to male amateur golfers who meet ALL of the following:
- Entrant must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status.
- Entrant must be a permanent resident of the State of New Jersey. (Proof of residency may be required.)
- Amateur must NOT hold playing privileges, incidental or otherwise, at any facility which is not open to the general public. (Note: A golfer who appears on the Handicap Roster at a club not open to the general public is ineligible for this championship.)
- Entrant meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
- Hold a USGA Handicap Index of 8.0 or less, as of the close of entries, at a NJSGA member club/course. He must be listed on this club’s GHIN Handicap Roster.
- Maintain good standing and remain on the above Handicap Roster through the Championship proper.
Championship Format: The Championship is 36-Holes, Stroke Play. The Champion will be the player with the lowest 36-hole aggregate score. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin immediately upon the completion of play to determine the winner. The Championship field will consist 40 players including those who are exempt from qualifying, plus those who advance from the three separate one-day, eighteen-hole qualifying rounds (plus ties).
Transportation: Permitted throughout this Championship; a player may rent a golf cart at an additional expense.
Caddies: Permitted; a player may bring his own caddie. A player may also carry his own bag.
Pull/Push Carts: Permitted.
Prizes: The Daniel Billy Championship Trophy will be presented to the Champion, engraved with his name, and displayed at his home club. Prizes awarded to the runner-up and third place finishers.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM ANYTIME, IN ITS DISCRETION.