*ENTRIES OPEN MARCH 1, 2024*
Entry Fee: $165.00
Entries Close: Wednesday, August 28 @ 5pm
Late entries will NOT be accepted
Entries open to male amateur golfers who meet ALL of the following:
- Entrant into the Senior Amateur must be fifty-five (55) as of September 17, 2024.
- Entrant must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status.
- Entrant must meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
- Hold a USGA Handicap Index of 8.0 or less as of the close of entries, at a NJSGA member club/course. He must be listed on this club’s GHIN Handicap Roster.
- Maintain good standing and remain on the above Handicap Roster through the Championship proper.
- If entering from a public facility, or Club Without Real Estate, entrant must be a permanent resident of New Jersey. Proof of residency may be required.
Championship Format: Championship is 36-Holes, Stroke Play; Gross Scoring. Total Championship field limited to the first 132 players. After Round 1 (Tues. 9/17) the field will be cut to the low 40 players (plus ties). The Champion will be the player with the lowest 36-hole aggregate score. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin immediately upon the completion of play.
Transportation / Caddies: Motorized transportation is permitted; a player may bring his own caddie or reserve a club caddie (if available). Further, players are required to either employ a Caddie or rent a power cart at an additional charge (cost to be determined). No player will be permitted to walk and carry his own bag.
Pull/Push Carts: Not permitted.
Prizes: The Charles H. Smith Championship Trophy will be presented to the Senior Amateur Champion, engraved with his name, and displayed at his home club. Prizes awarded to the champion, runner-up and third place finishers in both championships.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM ANYTIME, IN ITS DISCRETION.