*ENTRIES OPEN MARCH 1, 2024*
Entry Fee: $300.00 / Team (includes golf cart, range fee, and lunch)
Entries Close: Wednesday, May 1 @ 5pm
Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Handicap Index Limit: 25.0/player (as of the close of entries)
Entries open to teams of two female amateur golfers who meet ALL of the following:
- Players must possess UNQUESTIONABLE Amateur Status.
- Players meet ALL of these Handicap and Membership Requirements:
- Each player MUST possess a USGA Handicap Index through a NJSGA member club which does NOT exceed 25.0 as of the close of entries.
- Each player must be listed on the official GHIN Handicap roster at the above named NJSGA member club/course as of the close of entries, and remain on the above named GHIN Handicap Roster through the Championship proper.
- If entering from a public facility, or Club Without Real Estate, entrant must be a permanent resident of New Jersey. Proof of residency may be required.
EVENT FORMAT: (Teams must choose at time of entry):
There will be two different events being played simultaneously. The Gross Championship is for Championship caliber teams; the Net Championship is for teams of all abilities at a shorter total course yardage. Teams can only compete in one and must decide at the time of entry. Details are listed below:
- Gross Championship (approx. 5,600+ yards): 18-Holes, Four-Ball, Stroke Play (Better Ball of Partners). In the event of a tie for the Championship, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin immediately upon the completion of play to determine the winners.
- Net Competition (5,400 yards or less): 18-Holes, Four-Ball, Stroke Play (Better Ball of Partners). Each team member that enters the Net division receives 85% of her Course Handicap for Net scoring, based on the May 23, 2024 Handicap Revision. Players will be flighted according to their current Handicap Index (as of the May 23, 2024 Revision). Flight breakdown and number of flights will be announced on-site and will depend on the total number of entries. A Senior flight (in the Net division) will consist of teams on which both players are age 50 or above on May 23. Any tie in another flight will be broken by the USGA method for the matching of cards.
Transportation: Motorized transportation is available in this Championship and the cart fee is included in the team’s entry.
Caddies: Permitted; a player may bring her own caddie. See separate notice on Cart/Caddie Policy.
Prizes: The Anna Zorlas Championship Trophy will be presented to the Gross Champions, engraved with their names, and displayed at their home club. The Jean Gascoigne Championship Trophy will be awarded to the Net Champions, engraved with their names, and displayed at their home club. Prizes will be awarded to the gross champions and runners-up, net champions and runners-up, and senior flight net champions. Prizes for Net flight winners will be given if applicable.
FINAL DECISION REGARDING ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE NJSGA. THE NJSGA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT OR WITHDRAW AN ENTRY AT ANY TIME, BEFORE OR DURING A COMPETITION OR MODIFY THE CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM ANYTIME, IN ITS DISCRETION.